05 June 2006

*cough* *hack* *wheeze*

So finally getting over a bout of strep throat. Some of the bastards I work with knew they were sick, but came to a meeting and coughed all over the rest of us at it and infected us all with their lousy germs.

Bit behind on work because of it, slept for pretty much all of the last few days. Not that I wouldn't have been behind even if I had been healthy... Thinking I may have overbooked myself a little bit this quarter for work.

Birthday tomorrow. Approaching it with dread. 365 days after that until I turn thirty. I remember when I was a kid (well, more of a kid then I am now) that I had all these plans of things I wanted to do, places to see, etc. that I wanted to do before I turned thirty and had to start acting like an "adult".

Still, turning 29 means I am several years older than quite a few people expected me to ever be. I think among my circle of friends from the olden-days the general consensus had been that sometime before I turned 25 I'd get mouthy to someone who would take offense enough at it to end me or hire someone else to end me. I was a bit more of a jack-ass back then.

Getting morbid now, thinking about how many of those friends I've already out-lived. Will likely become maudlin and drunk later as I try to figure out just what the hell I actually accomplished in this last year.

Tomorrow really is my third least favorite day of the year.

Blegh. Looks like it is going to be sunny too. Think I'll spend the day in a nickel arcade I know, forty bucks should keep me pretty busy playing Gauntlet or something similar until the day is pretty well and over.

6 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

So what...

All it means it that I am going to wish you a happy Birthday anyways.

So, Happy Birthday Aaron!

And get healthy!

Mon Jun 05, 10:20:00 pm GMT-7

 
Blogger DeAnna said...

I hope you're feeling well enough to keep to your feet through $40 worth of Gauntlet!

At least, according to several women I know, you have reached your last birthday. After this, you can declare it "Aaron Appreciation Day" or, if you like, "Nickel Arcade Appreciation Day."

Since my plan is to get old and obnoxious, I've kept up with mine.

Happy Birthday!

Tue Jun 06, 06:11:00 am GMT-7

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Strep throat sucks. Glad to hear you're feeling better! And happy birthday -- may you celebrate it doing whatever makes you happiest, even if that means not celebrating it at all!

Tue Jun 06, 08:54:00 am GMT-7

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

I hope you have a pleasant birthday, celebratory or not.

Tue Jun 06, 02:04:00 pm GMT-7

 
Blogger Sean said...

Happy birthday!

Your next birthday will be the first anniversary of your 29th birthday. Then you'll have your second anniversary of your 29th birthday when you are 31, and so on.

Trust me--by the time you reach my age, people take a while to figure it out (in January I celebrated the ninth anniversary of my 29th birthday), and while they are adding the numbers in their head, I whack them in the shin with my cane.

--Sean

Wed Jun 07, 08:56:00 pm GMT-7

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nickel Arcade?

I have to get out there for a visit.


Hope things are well out there.

Fri Jul 21, 05:03:00 am GMT-7

 

Post a Comment

<< Home