21 April 2006

Safari

So I was looking forward to the idea of just spending all day today indoors, collapsing and doing some reading on the couch instead of on a bus seat as I have been lately, maybe digging my sketch pad out and inking a couple pictures in it for practice, or just something laid back that allowed me to ignore the existence of the outside world.

While I was thinking this I glanced out of my dining room window and realized that I couldn't see the street outside. Not that I had gone blind, or there had been a sudden solar eclipse, or heavy fog or anything, but because the grass / weeds in the front yard had grown tall enough that pygmy tribesman may soon be moving up from South America and setting in to the jungle that is quickly becoming my front yard.

Hadn't really noticed. Most mornings I am leaving before the sun is fully up and way way way before my brain is actually engaged and awake. By the time I am getting home my brain is tired and has engaged it's "not seeing things we don't want to think about" mode.

But damn. There are a couple things out there that look like alien plantlife but which I think are just weeds grown to be far taller then they normally get a chance to get and are producing huge seed / spore pods to spread across the entire neighborhood.

Off now to take my lawnmower on safari. If you don't hear back from me soon, call an anthropologist and let them know of the pygmy infestation in my yard.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hythian said...

I always prepare a bucket of salt-water just in case of triffid infestations.

Tue May 16, 12:22:00 pm GMT-7

 

Post a Comment

<< Home