14 April 2006

Random bits of my brain

Haven't been doing a good job at keeping up at this lately. Starting and the ending of weeks is seeming to be when I find the time to write something here.

The little bits of writing I've had time for lately have been odd. Too many ideas in too small of a story or too big of a story for the characters aren't large enough to fill it out. There is a happy place in-between those two, just finding it is hard.

Anyone know how to find a copy of a 1920 issue of Scientific American, specifically the issue for the last week of October of that year? If it was a newspaper, it'd be easy as I know of a few places I could go to get that on microfilm, but a magazine? Hrm.

When you think about the Bible do you consider it an anthology or a collection? Yes, there is a difference between those two.

When did time and space become interchangeable concepts? If you are heading to a meeting and someone asks "Where are you?" why is the answer "I am five minutes away" which is about 'time' (or the passage of) when the question was about 'space' (your location within it) acceptable? Much less, why is it such a common answer? And then, when you ask someone "When will you get here?" you get a reply in terms of geography "I am just passing now."

Friday, means webcomic updates to read and orders to be given to my hattrick team for their Sunday match ( their training update is on Thursdays ). Just got home a little bit ago with a couple small plastic boxs of take-out sushi to fill the hollow in my tummy with. No idea as to my weekend plans yet, or even what I am going to do tonight after sushi and webcomics.

Take the moments as they come.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

Yes...but never does anyone answer the question "Oh, God...how much longer is this meeting?" with "From here to Cleveland."

Of course, maybe we should start doing that...

--Sean

Fri Apr 14, 06:20:00 pm GMT-7

 
Blogger Hythian said...

My answer to "Why is this meeting taking so long?" is often "I don't think we are in Kansas anymore Toto." which isn't quite the same thing and is largely just to confuse the person who asked the question.

Then again, I also answer "How are you today?" with "Cloudy with a chance of rain." which is fun just to watch people interpret. Some of them think that means my mood is stormy, some think maybe they didn't ask me what they thought they asked me, some think I really didn't even bother to listen to what they asked before I answered, and some think I am just being an obtuse ass.

Fri Apr 14, 07:37:00 pm GMT-7

 
Blogger DeAnna said...

*In a box in an old maid's attic, along with a copy of the Necronomicon and a picture of her fiance' with her younger sister.

*When I think about the Bible I think about it in terms of shellfish, which is Randy's fault.

*I find it synchronicitous that the birth of relativity coincided with that of the automobile. While people found it difficult to accept that time was another dimension of space, they easily enfolded the idea that traffic distorts the space-time continuum into the collective unconscious.

Sat Apr 15, 07:32:00 am GMT-7

 
Blogger Hythian said...

When I think about the Bible I think about it in terms of shellfish, which is Randy's fault.
Okay, someone really has to explain that one. That just leaves me thinking of someone having eaten bad shellfish and dictated large sections of biblical literature while hallucinating.

Sat Apr 15, 01:50:00 pm GMT-7

 
Blogger DeAnna said...

Randy sent me a link a while ago to a mock-evengelistic site telling everyone they were damned to hell for eating lobster--because according to the new testament, they're unclean flesh. Fun stuff.

Sun Apr 16, 07:23:00 am GMT-7

 
Blogger Hythian said...

Ah. There is a group like that in Oregon that buys space in the voters pamphlet every so often when a religious group tries casting a ballot measure as being 'the will of god' and they pull a lot of stuff out of I think Deuternomy about how we are all damned for not wearing cloth entirely made from natural fibers and what-not.

Sun Apr 16, 02:21:00 pm GMT-7

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! Another one!

I usually answer the question "how are you?" with "Fair to partly cloudy." or "Cloudy with a chance of tomorrow."

Mon Apr 17, 07:10:00 am GMT-7

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Yes...

Yes he does.

But ask him where the arcade is in the Manchester airport. ;P

Mon Apr 17, 12:01:00 pm GMT-7

 

Post a Comment

<< Home