08 April 2006

Home at last

Last week was busier then expected. Three days of meetings with various design groups I work with and clients they wanted me to meet with them spun into ultimately five days of dreck. Potentially lots of work on the horizon, which will be nice as the actual 'work' part of my career takes up far far far less time then the 'meetings of mindless boredom' part does.

My still-living matrilinear genetic forebear remains cranky and cheats at cribbage. I've caught her pegging extra points, stacking the deck, and dealing from the bottom of it so far.

I've been asked about the possibility of teaching a couple of seminar classes. 'Accessible Internet Development' is one of them, the other is poorly named and even more poorly explained and has someething to do with XML or XHTML or X-something-ML-something. Easily qualified to teach both, just I have this deep dread of actually teaching again. Hate it. Literally hurts my brain to break the concepts down into small discrete chunks that are digestible via a lesson plan. Like trying to teach how exactly my lungs work and why I keep breathing even while sleeping to a shrubbery who has neither lungs to experiment with themselves or a conceptual basis in common ( I see the sun as a glowing ball of flame that is too bright and blinds me when I go outside, the shrubbery sees it as the source of all photosynthesis and nourishment... )

Need to get a laptop soon. Spent most of the week in meetings having to make presentation sections work or navigate example site-work on other peoples computers. Almost feels odd now to be at home, at my desk, and using my own computer and keyboard again. Plus with a laptop I could play videogames anywhere which might make meetings more palatable. Especially since I have no idea how long until the Nintendo Gameboy DS Lite is going to make it stateside. Very pretty piece of hardware, but huge production shortfalls in Japan make them expensive and hard to get even there, no idea how long until US sales will start.

Anyways, back now from errands I had to spend the morning running. Grabbing another shower and changing into sweats and a t-shirt and veg'ing out for the rest of the day. Maybe I'll post more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home