09 April 2006

Going up the mountain

Didn't have any reason to leave the house today, so taking today and being an introvert. Cel phone is somewhere in the house, not sure where. Ringer on my phone is off. Ignoring the front door. Not checking my mail. Just not accepting any input today and just relaxing and recharging.

One of the people I work with (Tal, whose name isn't really that as that is just the first syllable of a much longer first name I can neither remember, pronounce, nor spell) refers to it as my 'going up the mountain' days. He likens it to old hermits or prophets going up into the mountains to seek wisdom before coming back down and dispensing it to the masses. I can never be certain if that is meant as a compliment or a mockery when he says it, which is part of why I get along with him when working on projects. We can mock each other well and make it sound complimentary.

I swear that the Lifetime network is really 'cable to make you cringe'. Do they show anything that isn't either dying of an incurable illness (which amazingly gets cured), marriage is breaking up (but she goes back to the ass of a husband anyways), or crime (kidnapping, robbery, etc.) gets done but the police officer is handsome and comforts the bereaved woman and the case gets solved in the end and everything is better? I may be over-generalizing the channel, but that is all I ever see on it and isn't really a well-researched or well-informed opinion, but mostly me being tired and ranting and enjoying mouthing out about it more then I imagine I would enjoy researching it.

There are few things more damaging to a person then self-knowledge.

1 Comments:

Blogger DeAnna said...

You get better cable on the top of the mountain, apparently.

Wed Apr 12, 05:50:00 am GMT-7

 

Post a Comment

<< Home